Author Topic: Borismore Metro  (Read 540 times)

KigoNico

• Bareback City Transit Director
Borismore Metro
« on: May 31, 2017, 11:09:06 AM »
So here is the new thread... it doesn't look like much though...

Progress Report

I will be doing these whenever a major part of the project is completed. I'm unsure if photos will be included or not, it depends.
  • 1000, 2000, 3000 Series trains are nearly finished. Just need to fix horn sounds.
  • The first of two sessions is mostly complete. This session takes place in the 1960s. You can drive 3 different types of trains and two lines.
  • Currently working on the 4000 Series trains. Engine sounds and trains are complete. Need to work on rollsigns and horns.
  • Scenery for the 1960s era session is mostly complete. Surface scenery is all that is left along with placement of trains

The sessions, maps and trains will ALL be available on the DLS. Dependencies for NYCTA tracks and stations will be up to you to have. Other dependencies will be available on the DLS.

That is all for now! Stay tuned for more updates!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:11:49 AM by KigoNico »

KigoNico

Re: Borismore Metro
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 10:57:56 AM »
Finally, photos!  ;D

(Sidenote: I might of forgotten to resize them during upload... Oops!)

One of the 3000 Series trains (R33). Split from it's pair 3002, it has two 2000 Series trains (R17) inbetween for a 4 car train.

A 3000 Series consist with a 2000 Series consist. Both look very similar.

A refurbished 2000 Series train. Looks pretty much the same but with A/C installed and new LED front signs. The side signs are not used. This is still a work in progress. I'm finalizing the look of the train with some minor changes.

A peek from beyond the fence.

A look from South Alex, the Red Line terminus.

A look from North Samson along the Red Line. That station nearby is the old Samson Station, which was closed due to it's tight curves. The station is just bypassed nowadays.

A look from the old Samson Station. The curve is pretty tight. The only other station with a similar curve is Washington-East on the Blue Line. That station is still active.

A look from one of the Red Line's stations. The stations along this line (except South Alex) are looking pretty newer as they were refurbished in the late 2000s. This is a reskin of the NYCTA station packs. I will need permission to release them before the route is ready (unless reskinning is fine, please let me know!)

The oldest trains left in service, the 1000 Series (R12). There are two sets of two-car trains active on the Blue-Red Line and are the only sets used this way. The remaining 1000 Series trains are usually inbetween 2000 Series trains on the Red Line.

A view from another depot. Here you can see the 3000 Series trains, the 4000 Series trains (R62) and the 5000 Series train set (ex. Tokyo Metro 6000 Series).

The 5000 Series train. These are former Tokyo Metro 6000 Series sets that operated on the Chiyoda Line that were bought in 2003. They were refurbished with new colors and new motors as well as new bogeys. Two sets are only active on the Green Line as this is the only line where they can be operated. I will need to ask permission from the original creator if re-releasing this train is possible.

The system is nearing completion for the modern era! I will need to go back to the older map for the 1960s era to make some adjustments.

KigoNico

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 10:43:16 PM »
So I'm going to announce that Borismore Metro will NOT be released. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Over time, Trainz while fun to play isn't the same for me anymore. I would rather create routes to play around and modify rather than release for the public to use.

Sorry about that :/

Trombone15

• East Bay Transit Authority Director
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 03:45:51 PM »
Since this route won't be released, I would recommend to do series POV videoes that showcase each line. It would be like riding the system without using the route. It's optional but it's worth it.

Keep up the good work and stay awesome!

Green Eggs n Pelham

• General Site Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 07:44:37 PM »
Sad to hear this isn't going to be released, as it was REALLY promising. Do you know who the original author of those Japanese trains were? They'd be really good stand-ins for the new BART cars until our development team finishes that project.

-A 8)

P.S. Please PM me KingNico, or send an email to frameworkdevgrp@gmail.com