Author Topic: Bay Area Rapid Transit  (Read 1520 times)

Green Eggs n Pelham

• General Site Manager
  • Administrator
Bay Area Rapid Transit
« on: April 22, 2016, 05:23:17 PM »
Hey Guys! I've been working double, triple, quadruple overtime on this route over the last month or so, and I've reached a point where 75% of the system is finally completed! In addition to a new progress map, here are shots of the Richmond line, Pittsburg line, and the partial progress on the Fremont/Warm Springs, and Dublin lines. Until I get my own freeway kit back up, the YARNish models are doing quite well. I discovered a new trick--use the divided highway splines if you want to create freeways larger than 3 lanes in each direction---just keep laying more and more! Also, the yellow stripe is on the left side in the correct direction of travel. Enjoy!

Thanks Ish & Mike!

@Mike, I'm re-working the signs and textures. I've been measuring the dimensions of the Treadway signs to get a better idea of what I need. I've started from the ground up, which isn't saying much since I only had about 6 signs made, lol.

Here is more from the BART project. It's now 75% completed with only two half-lines left (the rest of the A/S line to Fremont and Warm Springs, and the L to Dublin/Pleasanton), and the Hayward Yard. I'm really excited that a project started five years ago, and then picked back up last year is almost finished--track wise. I didn't want to release a beta with only partial lines. Once this is complete, the list of five beta testers will have free reign over the entire system!

Here are shots from the C-line (including the under construction BART-to-eBART station and tracks), and some of the A and L lines.

Enjoy!

Progress Map

Orinda Station

C-line tracks in the median of CA-24

Oakland Coliseum station with passageway to the OAK AirTrain

North Concord/Martinez shots

Dublin Line & Castro Valley

New BART to eBART transfer platform, currently under construction

A55/57 Interlocking south of Bay Fair where the Dublin trains diverge from the Fremont line.

-A

Subway7695

• Trainzer since 2007 (TC 1&2)
Re: Bay Area Rapid Transit
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 09:49:07 PM »
Looks very nice, very neat trackage and roads. Clean!

tarashnat

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 09:37:37 AM »
This project is nearing completion. I wish the same could be said of the Second Avenue Subway!  ;)
"Route of the Mountaineer"

Green Eggs n Pelham

• General Site Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 10:20:19 PM »
Looks very nice, very neat trackage and roads. Clean!

Thanks! I'm using Samplaire's tracks for most of the outdoor portions, though some parts of the A & C lines feature the V2 NYCTA Outdoor tracks made by Jon Hull (Austin316Hockey). The third rail for all the SAM tracks are on a different layer so I won't go messing things up when laying it. The roads are the YARNish Divided Highway splines and objects. For large multi-lane roads, I just laid down more splines to get the desired number of lanes; Multi-lane exits were made with splines only and do not feature any object-exits. Right now, the highway signs I have in beta are being placed on certain parts of the route, but I'm waiting until I construct all of the exits first before unveiling.

-A

Green Eggs n Pelham

• General Site Manager
  • Administrator
Hayward Yard
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 09:30:12 PM »
We are almost to the (current) end of the line @ Fremont! :D

North leads via A75

Center of the yard, known as the throat

Yard Tower and Employee buildings

4-car train sitting on Relay Track 92

Employee loading platform, and Transfer Tracks 3-8

Southern end of TF 03-08, heading south towards Fremont

Southern end of the yard, entrance/exit via A77

Overhead of what's done so far (only storage tracks 10-18 completed). Shop tracks, other storage tracks, pit/inspection tracks and turntable to come soon!

-A 8)

Green Eggs n Pelham

• General Site Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 08:56:48 PM »

Green Eggs n Pelham

• General Site Manager
  • Administrator